What is Telephony and VoIP?
Voice over IP (VoIP) provides telephony services over your network backbone to all employees, whether they're within your corporate walls, at remote locations, or mobile.
By integrating voice traffic over the network, companies realize cost savings on their carrier service charges and reduce costs typically associated with deploying or relocating employee phone systems. In addition, VoIP implementation ultimately results in a more effective way to communicate by integrating with existing communication systems such as e-mail or instant messaging (IM). The integration of other communications applications can provide a seamless communications experience.
How Will Telephony and VoIP Solutions Benefit My Business?
Telephony and VoIP solutions can help you to:
- Save over traditional PBX-based telephony systems
- Connect users quickly and easily, no matter their location
- Add additional phone lines faster and more cost-effectively
How Can I Help My Business Embrace Telephony and VoIP Solutions?
When evaluating the implementation of a telephony and VoIP solution, it's important to:
- Evaluate existing applications and bandwidth usage
- Understand how users communicate with each other
- Consider what features you'll want to include - voicemail, single number reach, etc.
- Identify service level improvements and cost savings that can be achieved
- Identify existing messaging applications to integrate with your telephony systems such as e-mail and IM.
What Comprises a Telephony and VoIP Solution?
An effective telephony and VoIP solution can consist of one or more of the following features:
Single-number reach integrates multiple devices regardless of platform (cellular, analog, digital or IP) into a single number, allowing the simultaneous search and ring of desk phone, cell phone, smartphone, etc. Consequently, customers and coworkers only require one number rather than multiple numbers, eliminating guesswork.
A soft phone is a VoIP application that places handset functionality onto your laptop. As long as you have access to your corporate network, you can send and receive calls, check voicemail, view call logs, initiate and participate in conference calling functions and access any other feature of your desk phone.
Voice and Data Services
Also known as Carrier Services, voice and data services encompass both wired and wireless lines that provide access to voice and data communications. Planning a telephony and VoIP solution is an ideal time to revisit your existing carrier services coverage, plan options and rates for greater efficiency and cost savings.
Conferencing, a key component of a VoIP solution, incorporates audio, video and web-based technologies. It can be designed for peer-to-peer communication, room-to-room, or high-definition, life-like conferencing.
Reporting Analytics and Management
These VoIP tools allow organizations to run detailed call reports and monitor telephony systems.
Getting Started with Telephony and VoIP
Your account manager and certified unified communications specialists are ready to assist you with every phase of choosing and leveraging the right solution for your IT environment. Our approach includes:
- An initial discovery session to understand your goals, requirements and budget
- An assessment review of your existing environment and definition of project requirements
- Detailed vendor evaluations, recommendations, future environment design and proof of concept
- Procurement, configuration and deployment of the final solution
- Ongoing product lifecycle support